Day : Saturday
Time : 8.30 am – 10.30 am
Venue : Rainbow Institute of Communication, No 30, Amarasekara Mawatha, Colombo 05.
36 hours (approx 3 months) (3 hours a week)
You will be able to:
- understand and use familiar everyday expressions and basic phrases satisfying practical needs in connection with education, training, professional and social roles.
- introduce him/herself and others.
- ask and answer questions about personal details such as possessions, address and people
- interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
- understand conversations on familiar topics and obtain information
- gain confidence in using the English language for communication
Developed by curriculum specialists from the UK Qualification & Curriculum Development Agency. This will be adapted to meet the Sri Lankan needs and context.
Participatory and activity based with latest techniques in UK.
- Group work
- Pair work
- Class videos
- Class Audio
- Discussions and debates
- Presentations made by students
- Feedback by instructors and peers
- Access Certificate in English Teacher Training from City & Guilds, UK
- Certificate in Marketing, CIM, Sri Lanka.
Devika is a professional English Language teacher who has a rich experience in teaching for various levels and nationalities. She specializes in teaching English to those whose level is low, including foreigners and also teaching corporate groups, English for Business Communication. Having started her career as a Banker at Seylan Bank, She switched onto training at the bank and got a taste for teaching through her experience as a corporate trainer, Devika shifted fields, and thereby went on to become a professional English language teacher.
Devika’s pleasing personality, experience and qualifications, have gained her a reputation of being one of the most sought out teachers at RICE. Devika is a product of Holy Family Convent, Bambalapitiya.