RICE offers Cambridge English courses, which are available at six levels:
The courses develop the following skills: Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking
Objectives of the Communicator level course:
To be able to:
- understand the main points of clear standard communication on matters regularly encountered in social roles, work, leisure, education and training.
- convey information, feelings and opinions on familiar topics, using appropriate formality.
- engage in discussion in a familiar situation making relevant points and responding to reach a shared understanding.
- deal in English with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling
- produce a connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest, adapting to the intended audience.
- describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give explanations for opinions and plans.
Duration: 6 months – (50 hours)
Day & Time: Saturday, 9.00 am – 1.00 pm
Placement: An assessment and interview will be conducted on admission in order to gauge the current standard of each individual learner.
Developed by curriculum specialists from the UK Qualification & Curriculum Development Agency. This will be adapted to meet the Sri Lankan needs and context.
Participatory and activity based with latest techniques in UK
All lessons will consist of –
- Group work
- Pair work
- Class videos
- Class Audio
- Discussions and debates
- Presentations made by students
- Feedback by instructors and peers
Rainbow uses Cambridge international quality assurance benchmarks
At the end of the programme, candidates will be eligible to sit for the Cambridge PET examination.
Rs 50,000/- ( Fifty thousand for full 50 hour course.)
Discounts and Installments are available.